Friday, May 26, 2006

Too much TV?

I've been watching the picture box with Mom this evening, and we were watching pictures of people helping dogs and, yeah...C-A-T-S. I suppose if dogs could cry like humans I Mom might have noticed, but some of the tales were sad, downright sad.

I am SOOOOO glad Mom came and got me when she did. I've got it pretty good. Except for those rides in that big metal thing she does those errands in. When I go in that thing its never a good thing. Its' either going to the place where they poke, and prod me...although I have to admit they are nice to me. Sometimes I get to meet other dogs too, that's pretty cool but then...there are C-A-T-S too. Not real crazy about them. But I usually end up feeling better after I have been to that place...wonder why that is???? Hmmm.

I've noticed on the picture box when we watch the stories about other animals and how badly they are treated by their humans, it makes Mom mad. Probably not the best thing for her blood pressure...whatever that is. But for me, it's good to know that help is out there for me and my kind. Makes me thankful for where I am and who I own.

The other time I go in the big metal box is to the place where some stranger gives me bath, puts me in the wind tunnel thing and then cuts my body hair. I tell you, sometimes they get a LITTLE too close for my doggy comfort, let me tell ya...yep. But no damage has been done to me bodily, thank the Maker!

I don't particularly care for going to the fluff and buff place but I think it's because Mom has to leave me there for a while by myself, well, at least with strangers. Maybe its a flashback to when I was given up and feeling left all by myself. But it gets a little better each time because Mom always, without fail, comes back for me. And she is always so glad to see me! She opens the hole in the top of the big metal box and lets the wind in. Ohhhh, gotta love the wind, guy, it is what a dog lives for! A nice stiff breeze through the facial fur does the trick!

When I watch the picture box from my cuddler and blankies by Mom's chair, I often hear about things called "humane society", and "aspca" [I'm just repeating what I hear]. They sound like they are places that are good and treat us well; they take care of us if we are sick or hurt, especially when our humans don't take care of us or deliberately hurt us. That I just don't get. Oh well.

ARRRRawww....boy, am I sleepy...again. I have lost count of my naps so I better take another one...I may have missed one. Hang paws, and talk to you again soon....chuff, snuff.....chuffffffff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home