Monday, May 22, 2006

Hi, my name is Wigwag and I am a Shih Tzu. My human, CW, found me at the Jackson County Animal Shelter, ready to be given up by a mom and her pups. They were having to move to an apartment and couldn't keep me or my brother. I was so young then, I can't remember his name but he was very shy and was scared. I tried to tell him it would be ok. Last I heard he was in a loving family in Talent, Oregon. I am glad for him, as all of us deserve a good home.
Now, about ME! I am adorable, cut a dashing figure, and I am furry and good. I like to sleep as much as possible and go on my walks, on a semi-regular basis. I love shouting at Maggie across the street [she is an awesomely sexy bearded collie...sigh...a bit on the tall side but I can overlook architectural appearances to see the real inner dog].

Mom said I could post whatever I want about any topic except sex because, frankly I don't know what that is and she isn't telling. She said it isn't' important for me especially since I don't have any "crown jewels", whatever they are...or were...hmm.

[Note to self: self, look up this phrase in Canine Dictionary by King Charles Spaniel...yeah...].

I am sure I will become more creative in my posts once I get the paw of it. Mom is kindly playing secretary and typologist for me since if I tried to type this stuff I would end up doing what Noodle does at the Geranium Farm, "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL". That's Noodle, Barbara's cat. Idiot cats...oops, sorry, promised no name calling.

I am a dog of faith according to my Mom. There are, however, things that Mom doesn't know about me, like, I am only in doggy mode when she is awake. You see, I talk to Maker when she's not around...which seems to be a bit frequently when she is out gardening, or running those mysterious errands and so forth. Anyway, I digress...
I am actually here with Mom because Maker knew I would be of help to her when times got tough, and they have been pretty darn tough this last year. Yeah, she has other humans that help out, but its us "pets" that really help and do the hard work when no one else is around. And that's ok by me. We know EXACTLY what to do at moments like that...yessiree!

I am about 5 and a half human years old which translates into about 35 and half canine years. I have about three beds in the house if you don't count the recliner and sofa, oh and the low to the ground patio lounge with the nice cushion. I also enjoy a nice patch of green grass when the inner dog beckons me back to my wild ancestral beginnings.

Things I like to eat and the vet says is ok because I have a sensitive tummy are lowfat cottage cheese, cultured vanilla yogurt, Iams or Eukanuba kibble, scrambled eggs in olive oil [Mom learned about that from some human home diva named Martha Stewart], well-done Angus hamburger crumbs, just to name a few. I also get ice cubes in my water dish when its hot, inside or out.

I am essentially a good dog, as I don't chase the postal carrier, delivery humans or other humans. I do get excited when humans visit us [its part of being truly hospitable like Mom is, not that she jumps on them or anything]. Occasionally I have an "accident" but I swear IT IS NOT MY FAULT! I will give the resident rabbits a good run for their chow but they always outrun me and will...they tease a lot too but I guess I will just have to put up with it. It's not like I want to hurt them or anything. I just like making friends, like Mom.

Well, that ought to do it for now. Until next time, Hang Paws!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

He's a beautiful boy, and I can feel the love. Really. I'll admit to crying through the first two posts. But, now I am just so glad you two had one another. He's just darling, and I know he was just what you needed.

Blessings Catherine!

Lindy

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home